Entry Level CAD Technician Position
The technician is responsible to support the CAD detailers in their day to day roles and perform a variety of tasks utilizing a range of Auto Desk software applications including but not limited to AutoCAD MEP 2019, Navis works and Revit.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with AutoCAD MEP and Revit systems in a support role assisting CAD detailers and helping to transition work from the CAD department to the prefabrication/manufacturing team.
- Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, conformance with company standards, fits and manufacturing
- Work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter, motivated and detail oriented.
- Report to supervisor on status of work, work load, problems, and progress as related to work assignments
- Degree from a recognized CAD training facility
- Basic understanding of construction practices
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal, plumbing and HVAC piping systems is preferred but not essential
- Able to manage workload under own initiative and maintain project and fabrication schedules in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Computer literacy with the company’s software systems including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Excellent knowledge of drafting standards
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels (written and verbal)
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, forward thinking, customer focused and dedicated
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and in a project management environment
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Mechanically minded
- Strong analytical skills