Worth & Company, Inc. is seeking an experienced HVAC Estimator to join our growing team of professionals. As a key member of the Estimating Department, you will be responsible for preparing detailed cost estimates for mid to large size projects, implementing strong bid strategies, soliciting vendors, and performing take-offs. The ideal candidate should be able to work proficiently within a team environment and possess the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce a variety of estimates including Conceptual, Design-Build, Design-Assist, and Plan and Spec
- Develop relationships with Owners, Engineers, Construction Managers, Architects, Vendors, Subcontractors and General Contractors.
- Provide support for Project Management throughout the performance of the project (change orders, questions, scope issues).
- Prepare for and participate in the turnover process.
- Attend bid verification or de-scope meetings.
- Produce RFI’s.
- Soliciting vendors/subs, attend pre-bids, plan take-off, final pricing, preparation of proposals.
Ideal Requirements/Skills/Core Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years commercial/institutional/industrial estimating experience.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial/institutional/industrial mechanical systems.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with computer estimating programs - Quotesoft experience preferred.
- Team-oriented, customer-focused, forward-thinking, self-motivated and dedicated
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Previous field experience is preferred.
Worth & Company offers:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company provided Short Term, Long Term and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan including Company Match
- Company Paid Vacation Days and Holidays
- Company Sponsored Events such as Golf Outing and Holiday Party
- Newly renovated / beautiful office environment