Project Manager – Mechanical Construction
Worth & Company, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated HVAC Project Manager to join our dynamic team. As a Worth Project Manager, you will manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of designated HVAC mechanical construction projects in the NORTH EAST MARYLAND area. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to ensure project goals are achieved in a timely manner and within budget.
Work for the Region’s Leader:
Worth & Company is the mid-Atlantic region’s leading provider of mechanical systems and their service and maintenance. Established in 1976, the award-winning company leads the industry through superior customer service, innovative solutions and a broad range of experience. Employing nearly 550 professionals, Worth & Company has offices in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and New Castle, Delaware.
PM Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations of staff teams on assigned projects
- Ensure contract agreements are expeditiously secured, reviewed, processed and executed
- Review, edit, finalize and distribute project budget
- Conduct preconstruction turnover meetings for all assigned projects
- Initiate setup, monitoring and updating of project scheduling
- Ensure required permits or licenses are obtained and posted
- Develop, submit and obtain approval of billing schedule
- Maintain an over-billed cash position
- Collect payments, progress billing and retention receivables
- Ensure assigned projects are properly staff with appropriate field forces
- Coordinate required procurement of materials and equipment
- Subcontract agreement negotiation, preparation, processing and execution
- Ensure required submittal review, processing and approvals, and submittal logs are set-up and maintained
- Price, negotiate and process change condition and change order work
- Ensure assigned projects are properly staffed with appropriate field forces
- Oversee tools and rental equipment use on all assigned projects
- Review, approve and process all subcontractor and supplier invoices
- Responsible for overall financial performance of all assigned projects, including continual cost control, management and forecasting
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year Project Management experience in the mechanical construction industry.
- Will consider recent college grads.
- Self-starter with a track record of keeping customers satisfied.
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to doing things right the first time.
- Team player with a jump-in-the-ditch mentality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Worth & Company offers:
- Competitive merit based pay
- Quality medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short term, long term and life insurance
- Retirement savings plans, including company match
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Company sponsored events such as annual golf outing and holiday party