IT Support Level 1 Job Description
We are a growing company seeking a diligent IT Support Specialist to assist with of all our IT needs.
To be successful as an IT Support Specialist, you should have knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies. Top candidates will also have an amiable personality, and an aptitude for customer service.
The Level 1 support position’s primary responsibility is to provide first level support to the company’s internal employees.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating but not limited to:
- Computer network connectivity
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Installing new software and hardware components.
- Regularly evaluating our IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands.
- Software troubleshooting
- Computer maintenance
- Educating coworkers about network security and best practices for computer usage.
- Serve as the first point of contact for end-users seeking technical assistance via phone, email, or help desk ticketing system
- Perform remote and in-person troubleshooting through diagnostics and relevant questions
- Walk end-users through the problem-solving process
- Ability to escalate unresolved issues to next level of support
IT Specialist Requirements:
High school diploma.
Degree in computer science or related field is preferable.
Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
Good communication ability, both written and verbal.
Personable, professional demeanor.