Worth & Company, Inc. is currently searching for a Safety Technician to join our growing Safety Team. This is a highly visible, pro-active and "hands-on" position. You will be working with our Safety Management Team responsible for safety related matters including OSHA compliance on multi-million-dollar construction sites.
The Construction Safety Technician will monitor safety for construction projects. They will be responsible for job hazard analysis, identify safety hazards, and implement safety programs. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Administer policies, rules and procedures of the company's safety program as they apply to employee's protection, public safety, equipment and property protection.
- Administrative responsibility for the safety program on projects assigned.
- Conduct safety audits of assigned projects to ensure compliance with applicable client rules and regulations, federal and state regulations and/or laws including OSHA and corporate regulations.
- Assist in the investigation of serious accident and major environmental incidents.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and presentation of safety training as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the database related to the safety program and write reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
- Experience working with a construction company in a safety role
- Strong communication skills - Technical writing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Must be flexible and have the ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Working knowledge of construction
- College degree in Safety, related discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in the safety field
- Computer skills a must including excel and word
- Ability to work in conditions that include frequent outside environment with exposure to inclement weather
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Off-shift and weekend work may be required at times
- Ability to physically walk a construction site, including climbing of ladders and scaffolding
- FBI and state police background police checks required
Worth & Company offers:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company provided Short Term, Long Term and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan including Company Match
- Company Paid Vacation Days and Holidays
- Company Sponsored Events such as Golf Outing and Holiday Party
- Newly renovated / beautiful office environment